Monday, August 10, 2015

Just Checking

I was in line at Albertson's the other day. A 30ish woman was helping a grandmotherly woman shop. Grammy had a bandaged wrist. When it came time to check out, 30ish said she would write out the check and Grammy would sign it. But 30ish didn't know how to write a check! Seriously? Even with everything electronic now there are still times you need to write a check. Both my sons can. How else do you pay parking tickets?

Even young political activists know how to write a check!


3 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

20-30 somethings are living in a whole different world from what we came up with :)

Anonymous said...

I teach my seniors how to write letters. I also have to teach them how to address envelopes. I believe your story.
Still, it was sweet of the clerk to offer a hand.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Despite my efforts, my young adults still have to be reminded how to write a check (rare indeed!) or address a letter (also rare). *sigh*