Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Deer at School

This morning as I was walking past the gym, on my way to the classroom at 8:55 a.m., some third graders called to me, "Did you see the deer?" I had seen the butt of a brown animal run up the street when I got out of the car. I thought it was a large dog, but it was a real deer. It had meandered through the playground, in the hall, back out to the playground, to the street. (Prepositions!) The awesome third grade teacher (she taught Andrew Stanton, director of Finding Nemo, and he came back to visit her a few years ago!) was worried: did the deer get back to the park? I thought the deer was heading in the right direction.

A few years ago, we had our own backyard visitors:

3 comments:

Jan said...

Great post. Love the pic. When we were visiting in WI, last year, I had a deer greet me in the AM. Here in SoCal, we don't have deer, in town.

Vanessa said...

That's an amazing site! You are lucky to live so close to wildlife.

Anonymous said...

I agree, the deer are pretty and all...but not so pretty when you hit one in your brand new car. We have to be very careful driving around these parts concerning deer.