Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dublin Nights

The Temple Bar, in Temple Bar.

Sip. That's what you do.

Yes, we hit a few pubs. I fear the HH's co-worker (from their Oxford sales office) thought we were a little dull because one or two pubs per night was our limit. With a pub on every corner, the choices were many.


Yes, there was lots of Guiness. Here's how to pull a perfect pint.

Pints in various stages of their 119.5 second wait...


At the Ginger Man, across the other side of our hotel, we discovered another delicious beer, Beamish Red.





We were sucked into the TV in the evening. On the slowest channel-flipping TV ever, we watched Irish TV and the BBC. The HH got to see hour-long versions of Top Gear, the coolest car show. And I got sucked into some goshawful channel called True Movies, which showed its best flicks on the weekends. Kinky Boots, anyone? The night before we left they were going to show something with a totally young and hawt Sean Bean but I couldn't stay up late enough for that.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

I don't think I could handle more than two a night either, unless I was sipping soda, and what fun would that be? I'm so glad you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Sean Bean, yum.

Pete would be ALL OVER the Guiness.

barbra said...

Oh, Temple Bar!
Thanks for the memory jog!

My brother is so addicted to Top Gear.

Mary Alice said...

ummmm Guiness.....ummmm Irish TV....lovely.

Nora said...

What fun! I went to Dublin once and loved it. The pubs...

Louise said...

You couldn't stay up late enough? Jet lag is a drag!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love the pictures of the bars and pubs. And the Guinness looks so good I just wanted to reach out and grab the pint glass.
I have to talk Conrad into going there soon! It's great that you had so much fun.