Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Crazy Computers

Both computers in our house are going crazy at the same time.

The laptop, which is technically MINE but has been taken over by World of Warcraft, decided to stop playing WoW. Ernest has tried to reinstall it 4 times. Each time the installation/update fails earlier in the process. Twice we've gotten the blue screen of, if not death, at least serious system dismemberment.

The other computer, the old workhorse, or "Full of Crap" as my husband lovingly labeled it, has decided it can't see YouTube videos any more. I solved that problem, no thanks to Internet Explorer. So I don't think I'll be using Internet Explorer any more. Firefox and Chrome work quite nicely, thank you.

And why, now that I have decided to copy all our CDs to an external hard drive, does iTunes decide to freeze up all the time?

3 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

Computer problems are just so stressful. They make me crazy, especially since they're just not something I'm able to fix. Luckily, I'm married to someone who knows that stuff (and works in the industry), so that's reason enough not to divorce him. :-)

jenn said...

I hate computer problems more than any other, since I only know enough about computers to cause lasting damage. So. Frustrating.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

It's amazing how much a part of our lives computers have become--I think my entire family might go into immediate Facebook withdrawal after a day without computers.