Monday, July 25, 2011

Meeting Friends

Well, I think this is going to me my week of meeting old and new friends.

Saturday, I met Lala and her husband Dave. Now this was a case of new friends feeling exactly like old friends.

Sunday, Frank invited his best buddy and his parents over for what is becoming our usual Sunday barbecue. Again, terrific new people that we would love to see again.

(Frank made 3 batches of his incredible cookies...our guests also got plates of them to take home and we are left with only half a dozen for ourselves. But I'll have to wait a bit for the next batch. Next he's planning to make lemon bars from the lemons his grandfather gave him.)

Wednesday, I am lunching with two former co-workers, and hope to set up a lunch with another one on Friday.

Usually I go for weeks without seeing anyone but my family, so look at social little me.

What's happening with you this week?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm working at the sidewalk sale in town tomorrow, handing off all the PTA stuff on Wednesday and getting a pedicure (my first!) on Thursday. Your week sounds really good.

shrink on the couch said...

This week - work, work, blah, blah, work, work. Weekend is a coming, though, or so I've been told.