Friday, July 29, 2016

A Fair Experience

A couple things at the fair caught Handy's eye.

The Police Porsche. 



And the electric cigar box guitar!



I love to walk through the Home Arts displays at the fairgrounds. There was a definite superhero theme going on.

A crocheted Batman. This reminded me of our family heirloom crocheted ET, made by Handy's late grandma.



I always love the place settings. Ant-Man's picnic was a prize winner.



This Superman cake was feeling the heat, since the fair had been running for many days in 100+ degree heat, but I bet it looked terrific when it was first displayed.



On the animal side of the fair, the handwashing station was delightful. There was a bubble machine somewhere.



The giant burger drew us in, but we wished we'd walked further as there was better food elsewhere. 


Frank got a deep fried Twinkie. Bucket list. He feels he does not need another one ever. 


I had wine with a pink straw. That's a repeatable experience. 





2 comments:

Common Household Mom said...

This looks like fun. The crocheted Batman cracks me up!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Ah, the joys of the fair! I have to wait another month for our county fair but Labor Day weekend is "Pig Out in the Park" -- a celebration of music, food and strange excess that makes deep fried Twinkies sound tame. (And strangely, I now want to try one, which I suspect would taste better than the burgers made with doughnuts instead of buns.)