- A second grader had diarrhea all over the boy's bathroom. I had to herd the other boys to a different bathroom while poor Mr. Nacho, in mask and gloves, cleaned up the mess.
- At recess, two boys got in trouble (by me) for calling each other babies.
- Another boy hurt himself during soccer. "I hurt both my head AND my privates," he wailed.
- The first grade soccer game was cancelled (by me) for 4 counts of poor sportsmanship and unnecessary roughness.
- Room 8 did not pay attention.
- Room 9 interrupted.
Life on the playground is never dull.
Ernest, on the other had, had nothing unusual to relate, so we rehashed some old events such as when the P.E. teacher's son tried to hurdle over a metal post and didn't make it and was stuck hanging there by his shorts.