Friday, October 31, 2008

Welcome to My Nightmare

Something's been off this Halloween. I didn't feel up to decorating or being creative or even participating in this exciting e-mail I just received:

Agent Name: Mr. Ken Smith
Tel:+44 703 198
8640
+44 703 198 8711
Email: ( mr.kensmith14@live.com )

This is
to inform you that you
have been
selected for a cash prize of
#1,000,000 (British Pounds) held
on the
20th of October 2008 in
London Uk.

Fill the below:

1. Name:
2. Address
3.
Country of Residence:
4. Telephone
Number:


Yeah, right. Welcome to my nightmare instead. Ernest and I were searching out great halloweenish songs, and of course Alice Cooper's 1975 masterpiece came up. Ernest likes Devil's Food with the Vinnie the P introduction...so I'm playing through the whole things on iTunes.

...And then I realized what's wrong....what's making me feel so discomfited...

dis·com·fit
tr.v. dis·com·fit·ed, dis·com·fit·ing, dis·com·fits
1. To make uneasy or perplexed; disconcert.

I didn't see Alice Cooper this year. THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG. So here's a little Alice, to make me feel better.




And I'm also thinking back to October 30th of last year when Bruce rose out of a coffin. But I'm coughing and sneezing and too tired to find a good Bruce video on YouTube.

"Happy" Halloween seems the wrong thing to say....So does Elvira's "unpleasant dreams..." so I'll just say Ah-CHOO and goodnight.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hope you feel better soon. Fall allergies are crappy. If you do get any of that money though? Share? ;)

Unknown said...

Ah, who doesn't love Alice on Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Alice!!