Thursday, June 25, 2009

Animal Handling

Once Ernest accumulated 200 volunteer hours at the zoo, he was eligible for animal handling training. The TGW kids who do this will be able to handle animals at the Junior Keeper shows. On Monday he got to handle some of the "Eew" exhibit creatures (all photos from Wikipedia):

fox snake



tomato frog




blue tongued skink


Skink? SKINK??? As a small child he was obsessed with skinks at the various zoos we visited, so life has come full circle for him.

And here's the Broadway version.

6 comments:

Louise said...

I think I'd pick anything over that skink!

jenn said...

Oh, wow! What a cool opportunity. My older daughter would be so into this. I think I'd be more comfortable taking photos than doing the handling.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he is happy to do this because you wouldn't find me anywhere close to any of those critters!!

Anonymous said...

Definitely not my kind of thing, but that's great that he is able to be so involved with something he's so interested in!

Jen on the Edge said...

My older daughter would love to be in this program!

Mooselet said...

Skinks, even the blue tongue kind, are pretty common here. Still freaked me out the first time I saw one in my yard. And I thought they were called "skanks". I wasn't so good at the Aussie accent then. ;)