Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What the Heck was I Thinking?

What have I gotten myself into?

Mrs. G is doing a "spring cleaning" version of the heart of the home.

And while the heart of my home is a little dusty, I decided the sewing room is the place that needs some help. Or a shovel. Or a bonfire.


It wasn't always this bad. But I never put the Christmas things away. And then Frank pulled out all my junk from his storage area. Now it all has to go back into this closet:


Fortunately, there's room in there. And spiderwebs. But I don't know...Mrs. G's open house is on the 23rd. That's only a week away. What have I gotten myself into?

6 comments:

Pretty Things said...

We have a room like that. It's only slept in once, maybe twice a year when Rick's middle son visits, so it's gotten quite scary.

I'm afraid to go in there.

Jen on the Edge said...

You can do it!

Vanessa said...

Easy, you can do this! Just start grabbing things, put into boxes and take it out. Don't let nostalgia get involved. If it creeps in, show it the door.

dkuroiwa said...

What a brave soul you are! There is no way that I could have chosen one room...the whole damn house needs it!!
You go girl...I'm here to support you!! Looking forward to the "after" pictures!!
You can do it!!!!

smalltownme said...

Oh, the pressure.

Louise said...

Hey! At least you have a place to put it! My stamping/sewing/office looks very similar. Only it's a hideously giant room, and there is no place to put the stray things..

As for yours, I say you enlist the help of a couple of young men!

Have missed you. Hope I won't be absent as much again! Hope you had a fun day/weekend and made the SERENE decision! (Actually, that would be a decision for me. I hope it was whatever would suit you best.)