Friday, April 11, 2014

Chairsies

Remember all those rocking chairs I got from my mom's house? 
And how I thought I'd reached my limit?


Apparently not.  
I didn't inherit any rockers from my dad 
(there was one, but I resisted). 
But I could not resist these beautiful oak dining chairs, 
even though I have no place at all to put them.


The fourth chair is hiding in the background there 
because we took the top of it apart.  
It was missing a back slat and 
I found a place online that would make a replacement, 
if you send them a sample.



So I am waiting for Woodchairparts.com 
to come through with the replacement.

And then I will squeeze them in somewhere.  
I think Homer would enjoy sitting on them,
with a little padding so he won't skid.  
They have nice broad seats for a full-bodied fellow.

Tiny's already taken over one of the rockers.


This all makes me think of this chair...
(I took out the name as I was getting too many weird hits.)


5 comments:

Jenny Hart Boren said...

Of course I went back to the original rocker post. They are all wonderful--particularly the Scandanavian one in your room. Also very envious of that Craftsman model. I wouldn't let any of them go, either! (Although I did give away the oak rocker I got before Annie was born, to one of her childhood friends with her own new baby…)

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

You can never have too many oak chairs. I think there are at least 4 in the attic of my garage!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I remember Chairry!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

With all of our moves, I've had to downsize and no longer have a rocker. Reading this post and your original rocker post, I am sad about giving them all away. I especially loved the rocking love seat that didn't fit in our last moving truck. :(

Anonymous said...

That is a TON of chairs. I can now imagine your family lined up in those rockers all in a row.