Friday, January 21, 2011

10 Little Things: Thing Six

Name 10 little things that make you happy.

Thing number six: Chatty Children


Nothing makes me happier than when a child chats with me at recess. I have had a little shadow this week, young Master Y.

I have learned so much about him:
  • directions to his house -- does he want me to visit?
  • his favorite food -- fried potatoes
  • his favorite color -- almost everything except pink
  • his sleeping habits -- he's a deep sleeper and doesn't remember his dreams
  • his bathing -- "I had to take a shower because I had a P E E (he spelled it out) bed." "That's T M I!" I told him.
  • his secret -- "Can you keep a secret?" he asked. "Of course," I said. So he came close and pulled his shirt tight to show his round belly. "I weigh over 80," he whispered. I guess I'm glad he can confide in me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last bit--the secret--just made me grin.

Sandra said...

Awww, how terrific that he has you, though.
And if you ever get lost and need directions, you can drive to his house, and ask someone there since you have the directions! So cute!

Adventures as a Small Town Mom said...

I love his secret about his weight. Too funny!

Unknown said...

I love that he could talk to you. How wonderful to be a safe confidante : ) You are a blessing!