Thing number six: Chatty Children
Nothing makes me happier than when a child chats with me at recess. I have had a little shadow this week, young Master Y.
I have learned so much about him:
- directions to his house -- does he want me to visit?
- his favorite food -- fried potatoes
- his favorite color -- almost everything except pink
- his sleeping habits -- he's a deep sleeper and doesn't remember his dreams
- his bathing -- "I had to take a shower because I had a P E E (he spelled it out) bed." "That's T M I!" I told him.
- his secret -- "Can you keep a secret?" he asked. "Of course," I said. So he came close and pulled his shirt tight to show his round belly. "I weigh over 80," he whispered. I guess I'm glad he can confide in me.