Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Minor Annoyances

It seems I've run out of the happy little things for a while. It's not that I'm actively UNhappy, but nothing's piqued my interest recently. So instead, I'll vent about some recent minor annoyances.

Speed bumps. There are NINE speed bumps on Ernest's campus. Thump/Ouch. Repeat 8 more times.

Bug bites. I am covered with them. At first my paranoid mind thought bedbugs, but A, we haven't been anywhere lately that we could have gotten them from, and B, my husband has not been bitten at all. My second thought was fleas. Since the cat is gone, the fleas have to attack someone. Who knows. Itch, itch, itch.

A certain child at school. She acts the opposite of her pretty name so I'll just call her...Dischordia. That's what she's causing, so she can be the center of attention.

Stop signs. Since when did stopping become optional? I'm not even talking about the rolling California stop (I'm occasionally guilty of that, too) but I'm seeing so many people drive right through without even bothering to stop at all.

Seat belts. Or more particularly, when someone is driving our truck said someone does not put his seat belt on until he has driven a block, and then he struggles with it and swerves.

Children's clutter. Not Frank's because I won't even go there. Literally. I will not go in his apartment. Out of sight, out of mind. But since Ernest is in the house, his clutter is visible. He can leave stuff out and ignore it for weeks, nay months, nay years an eternity. I got fed up with the school supply shelf which has had all his 8th grade papers strewn across it since June. I don't have a before picture -- it was just too awful.

That's enough of that for today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel annoyed now, too. No bug bites, 'cuz it's winter in Wisconsin, but I get these terribly itchy rashes on my ankles that keep me up at night scratching!

Pretty Things said...

That many speed bumps? Good lord. I only have five at Zack's school (and I had to sit here in silence, nod my head with my eyes up to the ceiling counting to figure it out).