- We just got tickets for a repeat of Rush. Before last summer, I was "not that into" Rush, but the HH recommended we go. We saw them at the Hollywood Bowl last summer. Totally awesome. Neal Peart had the hugest drum set, ever. FYI, The Rock Band game features "Tom Sawyer."
- Michael Buble (I don't know how to make the accent mark) , Michael Buble, Michael Buble, Michael Buble, Michael Buble, Michael Buble, Michael Buble, oh excuse me did I repeat myself, Michael Buble, Michael Buble, Michael Buble, Michael Buble, Michael Buble, will be playing for 2 nights only 45 miles away from me. My niece and I WILL be going. Husbands are staying at home. Tickets go on sale Friday. But the HH has to buy them for me because I can't get on the internet at 10 a.m. Isn't he a kind loving husband? To buy Michael Buble tickets for his lovely wife and niece? We think so. Michael Buble, Michael Buble, Michael Buble, Michael Buble, Michael Buble.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
|You Act Like You Are 25 Years Old|
You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel like an adult, and you're optimistic about life.
You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences.
You're still figuring out your place in the world and how you want your life to shape up.
The world is full of possibilities, and you can't wait to explore many of them.
The message said Frank and his friend Jason had called the recruiter, and he went to their school but they were on an assembly schedule and were already gone. I thought that was odd as Frank has often said
When Frank got home, we put our heads together and found 3 lies.
- Frank did not call him.
- Frank did not do anything with Jason. Jason's last name is alphabetically right after Frank's. (The recruiter was going down a list.)
- They weren't on an assembly schedule, they were at school all day.
You'd think being called on his lies, he would give up. Nope, he called again yesterday. Frank was here and told the
Saturday, February 23, 2008
My first and best BFF, or as I think I'll call her, my Darling Diva Frau (because she is an opera singer and lives in Germany. Hey there, if you read my blog you can pick a better name!) won in 1973 for her performance as Dorothy/ Munchkin/ Wizard in The Wizard of Oz. I think that year I won Best Supporting Actress for my performances as Scarecrow/ Tin Man/ Cowardly Lion/ Glinda/ Wicked Witch/ Flying Monkey/ Munchkin. Gosh, I was thin (for me). I still have that metallic 70s dress, stashed away in the recesses of my closet.
She was always the producer of the awards show. And she was kind.
So I won in 1974 for my performance in the self-written-and-directed film, Asylum. Yes, I played a crazy woman.
After that I lost track of the years and the awards. The celebrity goes to your head and it's all a blur.
We made The Great Stars, all singing/all dancing. (I think I ripped it off from Ziegfeld Follies.)
BFF/DDF starred as Blanche DuBois in A Streetcar Named Desire. And I had a stellar performance as Stella. But, well, our Stanley was just a little fey. [whimsical; strange; otherworldly: a strange child with a mysterious smile and a fey manner. ] Really, DDF, doesn't he still have a mysterious smile?
Thanks for the memories.
Anyway, this little ditty has been going through my head all afternoon.
Friday, February 22, 2008
(There they are, being earnest and frank while playing WoW.)
1. serious in intention, purpose, or effort; sincerely zealous: an earnest worker.
2. showing depth and sincerity of feeling: earnest words; an earnest entreaty.
3. seriously important; demanding or receiving serious attention. –noun
4. full seriousness, as of intention or purpose: to speak in earnest.
Yes, Ernest is serious and sincere.
1. direct and unreserved in speech; straightforward; sincere: Her criticism of my work was frank but absolutely fair.
2. without inhibition or subterfuge; direct; undisguised: a frank appeal for financial aid.
And Frank is direct and straightforward.
Well, they're other things too. But as far as blog pseudonyms go, they seem to fit pretty well.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Thanks for all your support. Yes, I made it through. They complimented me on what a good patient I was. I said, "Hey I'm numb, let's just get it over with." I did ask for more novocaine 2/3 of the way through. Let's put this into perspective. It was far less painful than childbirth, over in an hour and a half, and less intrusive than a vaginal exam.
I must give credit to my dentist. Dr. Dwayne Elder is a great dentist. He's totally nice. He consistently receives "Best Dentist" awards from our local newspaper surveys.
(Beloved Niece, note this in case you need a new dentist after you MOVE ON SUNDAY!!!) Although if you are going for the totally blond/blue
I'm doing all this preventative work so I won't feel a tooth crack in my mouth and have to go to the emergency room for painkillers which happened once to my handy husband which he doesn't ever ever ever want to go through again!
And as always I have told/advised/lectured my kids...take care of your teeth.
Have a great evening. I'm going to have a glass of wine (or several) as a pain-forgetter. It doesn't require killing... yet. But I can feel my lips again! Hooray!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Being, ah, "mature," the HH and I have old fillings that need to be replaced. He's had a few things done.
Apparently my need is worse than his. I have a mouth full of very old fillings. Was the water not fluoridated where I grew up? I remember years of taking little white fluoride pills. The dentist is going through my whole mouth, section by section. On Wed. I go in for part three: 3 crowns and a filling. Uuuuuuggggghhhhhh! But then I'll have movie star molars in 3/4 of my mouth.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Frank returned from a sleepover, then left for an eating event. The Triple King Challenge at FatBurger. Why is he into all you can eat thingies? He doesn't eat that much. He couldn't finish it. One friend did, and got a t-shirt and his picture taken.
Ernest woke up on time and thought it was a school day. When he realized it wasn't, he lay down on my bed to pet the cat. That used up a couple hours. Later he went to Ern's house. (He has a friend with the same name. It gets confusing.)
I waited till noon when the termite man came to talk about the procedures that will be done to my rental house this week. By Saturday, because it will be occupied (Yay, Yay, Yay) on Sunday. That ate up the morning.
And what else did I do...seems like nothing.
- Purged 3 grocery bags of books. Oh, the pain. But they were avalanching off the bookcase so it had to be done.
- Folded laundry. (On Saturday, HH said it was "done." That meant through the dryer only, not sorted, folded and dispersed to the various wearers. It was in a pile on the floor.)
- Threw away the pantyhose I don't wear anymore. Thanks, Jen at Juggling Life.
- Washed 2 batches of dishes. The new faucet does things backwards.
- Composed 3 thank you cards on the computer.
- Located or completed samples of the Danish paper hearts to go with the instructions for my m-i-l and one of my teachers.
- Completed the extremely late Christmas present for my friends in Germany (this required some small town shopping).
- Shopped for 2 birthday gifts for my Rose Sisters. (Ditto.) Darn, I didn't get anything for myself.
I am regretting it now.
I still have to make dinner.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
We stuffed each heart with 3 Hershey's kisses. As you would expect, many kisses were eaten before they made it into the valentine. Ernest unwrapped a very strange looking one...
(Sorry the picture is not clear.) The unwrapped kiss on the right looked like a swirl of poo to us... ... ... OK, he's a boy. He ate it anyway.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Yes, there was a third problem of the day. I TOLD YOU SO. I knew something else would happen. (And not just my bladder TMI problem, 'cause that was yesterday. And today... etc.) Oh, where was I??
Frank's new laptop stopped working. He embarked on a quest with Dell online technical chat...took several hours...and he is out of the room now and I stopped paying attention. And now I hear snoring out of my bedroom, so you know I will be in a crappy mood tomorrow.
At least I have my keys.
So I must lay claim right now. But I'm too tired to import pictures. Use your imagination. I am trying to get the names typed correctly, which is all I can hope for at this moment. And I will share them with all of you.
The rest of the Lord of the Rings Boyfriends: Sean Bean as Boromir, Karl Urban as Eomer, David Wenham as Faramir, and since Mrs. G. stole Viggo, I will adopt Billy Boyd as my secret Hobbit Boyfriend, Pippin.
Literary boyfriend: Stephen King
Rocker boyfriend: The Boss
Education crush: too close to real life to call a boyfriend, let's just call it a MomCrush... on the band teacher, who didn't know what kale was in the market (I didn't either...I wish I could have solved his problem... He's a bearded Brendan Fraser with brown eyes.)
Political boyfriend: Barack's really cute, but his peeps didn't call me once. Clinton's peeps (I hate that her posters just call her Hillary but I guess that's her way of being NOT Bill) called me 4 times . I kinda dig Hillary's husband....he could mess my dress anytime. So it's Hill for Prez, and still Bill for my secret crush. Oh wait, I think Mrs. G took him too.
Newscaster crush: Chris Cuomo from GMA. I can't find a good picture. He is adorable. And only 10 years younger. But I haven't found a smiling picture yet. Just watch GMA. You'll see.
That's only 9. (My own handy husband I don't think Mrs. G knows about. And my Ultra-Secret girlfriend..Angelina. She doesn't count.)
I'm publishing right now, before Mrs. G steals someone else, but I reserve the right to add more someones later.
Then it was my turn. As I was just about to leave for work, I couldn't find my keys. I had taken Ernest to school and returned home, so they were lost somewhere in the house. I retraced my steps, searched all the usual (and unusual) places I forgetfully leave them. Nothing. The Handy Husband came back after his dental appointment, and helped me look. He discovered them in the pantry. (I had gone in there for a bottle of water and gotten distracted by a cardboard box that needed to go in the recycling.) Oh dear. Did I feel foolish!
Will there be a third incident today?
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
A litterbox for a herd of cats? A mini bowling alley? Gumby's coffin? Nope. Give up? A new base for a shuffleboard game. The handy husband's employers acquired one from a defunct bar. While the varnished shuffleboard and equipment were in good shape, the base was trashed. Too many drunks leaned on it? So they asked him to make a new base. Why green, you ask? Why, to match the company's pool table and foosball table. Yes, it's THAT a cool place to work.
I forgot to mention: The Jolly Green Giant is FOURTEEN FEET LONG!
Frank helped the HH lift some heavy stuff, but Ernest spent the whole weekend with his dad, even getting to use power tools (pony tail for safety):
Ernest worked so hard all weekend he earned himself a pair of Heelys of his very own!
Tomorrow I might get my garage back. The Jolly Green Giant is moving to the empty garage of our rental house (no, I'm not a real estate mogul; it was my late mother's house) for finishing. Ho ho ho! Or is the JGG forbidden from saying that just like Santa?