Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Do Something Silly Today

So much doom and gloom floating about.

Let's do something lighthearted today.

Yesterday I completely surprised some second grade girls. They were skipping out of the bathroom as I crossed the playground. So I skipped across to meet them. A grownup skipping? They were completely surprised and speechless for a moment, then started smiling and laughing. And we all skipped back to the classroom. It felt good.

So have a silly moment today... and tell me about it.

5 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

Today a clerk at Walmart and I laughed that the reason the store was so hot was not because the company was too cheap to turn on the AC but because they wanted everyone have a spa-like sauna experience.

jenn said...

My 12 yr. old daughter and I had a completely immature yet hilarious belly-button poking fight.

Anonymous said...

i just clicked after reading your comment on dad gone mad and............just the image of the skipping has me smiling. so simple..... skipping. beats the shit out of anti depressants.

smalltownme said...

Anonymous, I wish I could comment back to you.

The skipping felt GREAT! Best I've felt in months!

dkuroiwa said...

I'm all for doing silly stuff!!
Personally...I love skipping and I do it whenever I can! One of my mottos is....if i can't dazzle them with my beauty, then make'em laugh!
All of us here at Kamp Kuroiwa have perfected the "walking down a staircase behind the sofa/wall/fence" action...never fails to crack one of us up!!