Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Bird is the Word

So play this, then page down for the story...



...about my roof stork.

Huh? Wha? Well, we live in the Tourist Capital of America where buildings have storks on the roofs for good luck. Our house originally had a stork on the roof, but the previous owner took it away with him 23 years ago. I've always been irritated by that. I would drive by his new house to make sure the stork was still where he put it in his yard. Then he died. And the stork disappeared... Our stork, that should have been on the roof of our house.

No, I did not steal it. I am honest. But I don't know what his heirs did with it. They probably didn't care about a weatherbeaten wooden 2x4 stork and tossed it in the trash. But I am still angry, because that stork was made for this house, our house, the house we have lived in longer than any other owners. Two previous owners left it on the house and then he stole it.

Wow, I have a lot of hostility there, don't I!!!

Anyway, my darling Handy Husband made my dream come true at Christmas and voila, the bird's the word:








THE BIRD IS THE WORD. AND HIS NAME IS FERD.



And because Handy built him, Ferd the Bird survived the massive storms with no problems. Passers-by like him!

6 comments:

Aunt Snow said...

Hooray!! I love the storks of Solvang! Such a great tradition.

Mrs. G. said...

This is so cool. Your husband did a great job! What a neat tradition.

Anonymous said...

We love Ferd! - Echo

Pretty Things said...

That is AMAZING!

SUEB0B said...

He is gorgeous! Nice job.

dkuroiwa said...

I love that!!! what a great thing for a place to do!!!
and....Your husband is so cool to do that for you!! if i didn't love flamingos so much, i'd want one of yours,too!!