Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Saturday PhotoHunt: Haven and Thematic Photographic: Softness

I thought I'd combine the two themes of haven and softness by featuring my idea of a soft haven:  a bed!

Our former cat loved the haven of the bed, especially if there was soft laundry to perch upon.


Francine's fur is the ultimate in softness.  Nothing can complete with her.  It's softer than unicorn breath or butterfly eyelashes.

Francine is not so fond of beds, but she finds other soft havens.  She could star in the princess and the pea here.



She will also accept a haven within the softness of an alpaca blanket.


Thematic Photographic is hosted by Carmi, at Written Inc.  More softness here.

Saturday Photohunt is hosted by Sandi -- visit some havens here.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the word "haven." In fact, it's my middle son's middle name!

Jenny Hart Boren said...

What a pretty kitty she is! But I'm biased, of course. Seems like my cats are just as happy to cuddle up on top of the TV remote or a pair of scissors. They also seem attracted to any pile of mail. (Bonus if the mail is in a sunny patch!)

Petrini1 said...

Great pictures. I like the Princess & the Pea shot the best.

T.J. said...

Huckle seems to prefer rocking chairs- that weird dog. I never said dogs were smarter than cats ;)

Janet said...

i love that bedspread!

Alexia said...

What a lovely cat. I would like to curl up in that alpaca blanket, too!

Bob Scotney said...

As it is snowing again the idea of snuggling up appeals to humans as well as cats. The cat sat inside on a window cill mocks me every time I walk by in the cold.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

My dear departed cat Max loved sleeping on clean laundry.

He thought providing it was a nice gesture on my part.

;-)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

My Cleopatra does not sit on clean, folded laundry. (I'm really not sure why, either... she has no problem with the piles of bedding on the teenager's personal haven.)
The cat I grew up with loved fresh laundry from the dryer, all heaped up in a pile. He knew a warm spot when he saw one!
Princess and the Pea... I would love to pet your Queen Francine.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

PS: Such beautiful quilts! Did you make them?

Gilly said...

I do love the way cats sit so neatly, with their paws tucked in!

Lovely photos!

Max Sartin said...

My cats love to climb in the laundry as I'm taking it out of the dryer. Good looking cats you have there.