Monday, January 28, 2013

Time Warp Tuesday: Tuxedo Boys

Time Warp Tuesday is posting early so Jenn can get a head start on the links.

You doll phobes will be happy that I am giving you a break.

Instead, I'm taken my inspiration from Karen's post last week.  Look at her adorable boys, all 4 pictures taken at the same age and in the same outfit.  Now I know my Ernest wore a lot of Frank's hand me downs (and Frank wore his cousins'), but I was never organized enough to document that properly.

Except for the famous TUXEDO ONESIE!  Can I call it a TUXSIE for short?

1990

When Frank was 2 months old, we went to my cousin's wedding.  I'm sure those in the wedding party were a little concerned about a potentially squalling infant, but let me just say Frank was a prince.  Handy and my mother were with us, so between us there was always someone to take Frank out of the room if necessary.  But really, it wasn't.  He was a happy little camper and everyone was delighted at how cute he was in the tuxedo.  By the way, my cousin is still happily married and has two very tall boys of her own.


Now when Ernest's turn came to fit into the tuxsie, there wasn't a fancy event for him to go to.  Nevertheless, I took a picture.  Ernest was a... shall we say "sturdier" baby?...  so that light spot below the white part is the tuxsie gaping open to show his belly.

1996

And now look at them, all grown up.

2011 - They've cut their hair since then.

10 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Handsome tots to handsome men...I love the tux!

Jenny Hart Boren said...

My daughters (who both had that blond-dad-brunette-mom-colored hair), were always envious of Sam's cherubic curls. Once a tow-headed baby, now he's as dark and burly as they come. Thanks for sharing those pics!

Janet said...

adorable! Funny...with their long hair, they look like the boys I knew in the 1970s!

T.J. said...

Champ had the very same tux onesie for an uncle's wedding! My mother in law loves to show me pictures from that day and I love to view them :).

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Those are some adorable babies in a Tuxsie, and darned handsome young men in suits!

We had plenty of hand-me-downs, too, but the cousins who passed them on were 6 and 8 years old when my first baby was born, so things were a bit worn and out-of-date. (Prime example: the lime-green tuxedo footie pants and shirt with wee buttons down the front.)

Anonymous said...

What is it about dudes in suits? Big or small, they make me smile.

Lala said...

Your boys always make me smile. They are so amiable about letting you take their pictures when they KNOW you're going to blog about them! My kids, not so much - all I get is a picture of their palm... :(

Jen on the Edge said...

Oh gosh, so cute!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Love it--I hope you saved it for a grandbaby!

Unknown said...

aww from handsome little kids in tuxedo to full grown adults looking handsome in their suit.