Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Braincake

There's cheesecake, there's mancake, and then there's what I like to call braincake.  Smart people.  I like them.

We heard one of them speak last week.


Here he is with my favorite author, Hugh Howey, who is also braincake.


Here I am next to my favorite author.


Can't find me? I'll crop in a little bit.


So you've heard of Bacon numbers, right?  (How many degrees one is from Kevin Bacon.)  So if there were Tyson numbers, mine would be 2.

Who's your braincake?  Who do you admire for their smarts?

5 comments:

Cassi said...

Totally Tyson! And before him, one of my heroes was Carl Sagan.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

wait, how did you...? and your Bacon number is lower than mine...let me see, I went to college and lived in the dorm with Rob Sedgwick, whose sister Kyra is married to Kevin which gives me a...wait, also a 2? :)

Anonymous said...

Oooooh...what a thrill to meet a personal hero! And I do like that phrase you've coined: "Braincake.' Nice.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Tyson is both mancake AND braincake. Lucky you!!

T.J. said...

"braincake" brilliant!