It's been an interesting week around here.
Monday: Forest fire.
Tuesday: Grass fire.
OK! That's enough!
We are so fortunate that these events were not worse. The first fire started in a campground. The official cause has been ruled accidental: "It appears it began as a result of embers escaping an approved fire-use site." Here's a video from some campers evacuating.
The second fire started from power lines sparking in a high wind. It swept through an open field on the edge of a small town. Had the wind been blowing the other way, the town would have been in jeopardy.
The earthquake was only 4.6 and did no damage.
All in all, we were lucky. So that's what I'm thankful for this week.