Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Scarborough Fair Lamb

It's what I made for dinner last week, with baked potatoes and homemade (totally from scratch) gravy. And last night all those leftovers turned into Shepherd's Pie. And I've STILL got leftovers. Do they ever end? I could throw some barley into the mix, mush it up, and call it Irish Stew.

I called it Scarborough Fair Lamb because I seasoned it with parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. This song was my inspiration for dinner. I even started to sing it as I seasoned, while Ernest looked askance* at me.

I couldn't find a solo S&G clip of this song on YouTube. This version has Andy Williams and it's lovely.




*Oh, I've been waiting to use that word.

So besides Cheeseburger in Paradise, is there any other music that inspires you to cook? Because I need some inspiration.

3 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

This doesn't count as cooking, but classical music always makes me want to pull out cheese, a baguette, and some wine.

smalltownme said...

And since I have guac and margs tonight, using Cinco de Mayo as the excuse, I should play a little mariachi.

Vanessa said...

Music that inspires me to cook is usually Frank Sinatra, songs like "Hey Mambo" or "Take Five" by Dave Brubeck.