Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Chicken or the Egg?

Sometimes my husband cracks me up. He came into the room, saying, "I know what came first: the egg." Thinking he had read something scientific, I asked, "Why?"

"Because I had scrambled eggs for breakfast, just had quiche for lunch, and we'll be having chicken for dinner."

If you ate the chicken and eggs together, you'd have a Mother and Child Reunion. (Seriously, Paul Simon named that song after a dish in a Chinese restaurant.)




Later...the handy husband had to leave me alone with the chicken on the barbecue for a few minutes, to deal with a minor plumbing issue...I fear I burnt it a little. Hey, barbecuing is HIS job. That barbecue is hot -- now I have a pink spot on my arm.

1 comment:

dkuroiwa said...

In Japan, we have a rice bowl call "oyako don buri"....'parent and child'....cooked egg over chicken on top of rice.
It took me awhile to get over the name...but it's actually very good!

hope your ouchie heals soon.
FYI...I'm more of an Art Garfunkle fan, myself...but Paul is okay.