Thursday, April 08, 2010

Chomp, chomp, chomp

I've been enjoying my week off, at least the first 3 days.

Sunday evening we were enjoying what was probably the season's last fire in the fireplace, when my husband started swatting at bugs.

Not just any bugs, but these:



Termite swarmers. Yes, we have termites coming out of a crack in the ceiling. Even the little maggoty eaters are falling out.

We got an inspector to come out on Monday, but the promised return phone call took another two days. Finally, we are set up for a fumigation in the near future. We are on a pest control service plan so we do not have to pay anything extra for it. But we have to leave for 2 1/2 days. Oh joys. Meanwhile, I vacuum up the swarmers whenever they crawl out of the crack. And the white buggers -- I squash them to hear the satisfying "crunch." I know in the scheme of things there are millions more vermin I can't see, but destroying the ones I do see makes me feel better.

4 comments:

Mom on the go said...

Yikes!!! Now I am off to check the corners of our house!

Jen on the Edge said...

We had a termite swarm in the first house we ever owned. I still shudder to think of it.

Ms Brown Mouse said...

O no, termites, the stuff of nightmares around our way. (& thanks for dropping bye!)

dkuroiwa said...

ew.
that picture kind of gives me the creeps...yuck.
and that crunch sound? yeah...i get it when i smoosh the monster cockroaches we get here...that is, when they are actually still...not skimming or flying away.
i hate freakin' bugs like that.
ew.