Thursday, July 08, 2010

Four Days Later

I know, that title sounds like a zombie movie....

Children waiting patiently for the parade to start...I imagine their thoughts, from left to right...
NOTHING COMING FROM THIS DIRECTION.
WHERE'S THE FREAKING CANDY?
I AM SO BORED AND IT HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET. I THINK I'LL CRY.
I THINK I HAVE TO POO.
HELLO, BAG, ARE YOU MY FRIEND???



This poor little street car has been in more parades than we can count.


Here it is in 1970. It had a motor back then. And less advertisements.



Love the emo bangs on these horses!

There were two horse/mariachi groups at the end...the cool emo horses shown above were in the first one, but the second group had the world's greatest sousaphone player. His instrument was old and dented, but he played the hell out of it. He rocked, or polkad, or mariachied, or whatever.

Traffic jam near our house....this is usually a completely empty street.



And at the fireworks, there was the guy behind us who was telling all his friends to shut up and be quiet, only he kept on talking. About everything random under the sun moon, including the smell of his 8 year old daughter's farts.

Yes.

And he announced what they smelled like.

Sangria.

Which was probably what he had been drinking. (If not something stronger!)

No comments: