Saturday, June 11, 2011

Medium Tech

I'm not high tech by any means. I'm often behind the curve and late in adopting new technology. But I do adapt to it.

Here are my medium tech marvels for the week...

1) I don't have TiVo or a DVR. I do have an old DVD/VCR combo that records onto DVDs. This is only important because Ernest was going to be in a news segment the other night. So wouldn't you know, the darn thing wouldn't open the DVD tray. I gave it to Frank and Ernest, and they got it to open up, but later it didn't record anything. Fortunately, the high tech world surrounding me has an online link to the clip. Which I embedded right here...



Which doesn't appear at all on my preview but it seems to be there when I publish. Sigh.

2) I used an old memory card in my new camera, and it worked fine on the ancient archaic elderly old computer. When I got a new memory card, the old computer couldn't read it. With a small amount of begging Ernest to let me use his computer detective work, I found it does work fine on Ernest's massive gamer computer, wouldn't ya know. Which he won't let me touch without his permission. But I can plug the camera in with a wire, so there's my medium tech fix.

3) I learned to blog from my iPhone. So far this has been the greatest success. See the wine picture.

Tech or not, what have been your successes this week?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how some of the old stuff still serves a purpose? I love VCRs and hate watching anything on a CD. Bit I do love my DVR!