We got a call from Ernest! He had been on a hike and got bitten by a leech. All is well: a doctor cleaned it, the bleeding stopped, and there was no infection.
SATURDAY JULY 21
• Depart the mountains of Himachal Pradesh for the Punjab! Wear comfortable
clothing for the drive through the mountains to Amritsar, located on the historic
Grand Trunk Road.
• This evening engage yourself in community service at the Langar of the
Harmandir Sahib or “Golden Temple,” the spiritual and cultural center of the Sikh
SUNDAY, JULY 22
• Today, depart for Agra via Delhi. Board your flight to Delhi. Upon landing, set out
by motor coach for Agra.
• Get oriented to the medieval city of Agra during your visit to the expansive Agra
Fort. Gain insight into the private lives of the Mughal Emperors as you wind your
way through the royal apartments.
MONDAY, JULY 23
• Weather permitting, rise early for a special sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal, one of
the new Seven Wonders of the World!
• Explore the majestic complex of gardens and buildings culminating in Shah
Jahan’s iconic monument to love, the Taj Mahal. This protected UNESCO World
Heritage site blends perfect symmetry with stunning inlay work and marble
• Gain insight into the historic process of marble inlay work used to decorate the
Taj Mahal during a demonstration by local artisans. This ancient craft is
considered a dying art and only practiced by a small number of families in Agra.
• This evening, return to Delhi and board your return flight to the United States.
And then there's this...