Thursday, October 18, 2012

Britt Scripps Inn

The nice thing about having (mostly) grown children is that you can take off for the weekend and leave them to take care of the spoiled and needy cats.

A couple weeks ago we took off to San Diego to see Allegiance: The Musical starring George Takei.  It is playing through Oct. 28th.  If you have a chance to see it, grab it.

We stayed at the beautiful Britt Scripps Inn, which was just a 15 minute stroll from the Old Globe Theater.

Here's a lovely tour (by someone else, not me!)...




We stayed in the Golden Oak room, slightly small but very charming.



I was disappointed to learn that the new owner plans to refurbish ("he’ll leave as-is but fix up with modern décor").  I think that would spoil the charm of the place.

3 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

oh MAN so gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I need to visit that swell place. I read those old Victorians are called the "Painted Ladies." So much character.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Everyone raves about that show.

I will have to check out that hotel--I agree though, refurbishing doesn't seem like the best idea.