Friday, December 20, 2013

Bag o Veg

I live 30-40 miles from most major stores.  I get to Trader Joes maybe twice a year.  This week I took my husband to an appointment which happened to be in the same parking lot as a TJ's.  What a zoo! Fortunately there were a few parking lot spaces coned off for clients.  To kill time I bought a few things for dinner.  I got barramundi fish for the first time, and it was excellent. 

These veggies were tasty but once again they didn't look like the picture.



It was even funnier when they were frozen.  What are those brown pellets?


Turd shaped dollops of butter sauce.


It looks like the blobfish.


7 comments:

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Whoa! That fish has quite the mug!

Anonymous said...

NASTY! but funny.

SUEB0B said...

In cooking school, they said "You eat first with your eyes." So turd-looking food is generally a bad idea.

Susan Demeter said...

Eeek I hope it tasted better than it looked :)

slow panic said...

I always have crazy high expectations for Trader Joe's (I probably don't even go once a year), and am usually slightly disappointed..

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I was hoping they were giant cappuccino-flavored chocolate chips... but I suppose that wouldn't taste very good with vegetables...
NOW I will think Turd-shaped chocolates when I see chocolate chips!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I have had those vegetables before. I was decidedly not impressed & they have a horrible nutritional profile. Had not thought of the turd connection!