For fun, I brought this 8th grade picture (1974 -- back when we all looked good in bathing suits) to the picnic on Sunday. Can you find me and the Handy Husband? Frank couldn't, but Ernest could. Yay, Ernest.
Hint, the HH is seated on the ground and I'm seated on the wagon. Give up? I'll post clues or maybe an annotated picture later. Our Senior Class president is in this picture --he gets credit for arranging the reunions. Other classes are forgetful about reunions, but they don't have an on-the-ball president like our class does.
There were 4 grade schools that fed into our high school. Some folks we've known since we were small, others for only the high school years. It's a great bunch of people and it's fun to reconnect. It's funny how the mind works. The HH was talking to someone he didn't recognize, finally the guy said his name and CLICK, all of a sudden the memory banks fired and the person became totally familiar--one of his old buddies! We sat at dinner with another friend who was the HH's roommate after high school. He's got the nicest wife!
It was interesting to see where people's lives have taken them:
- One man has become a college teacher (after a long career as a contractor) and is going to Iraq to teach English.
- Another raises beneficial insects for the citrus industry.
- The woman who lived down the street from me is a pilot.
- It's too bad the music-teacher-turned-railroad-man wasn't there. An old friend of my husband's, he was fascinated by railroads as a child. Eventually he followed his dream and went to work on a train for real.
- We wish the class brain (a really nice person) had been able to come. He's a trauma surgeon.
- RIP to the two women who passed away too young.
We didn't talk about those rumored to be in jail!
We are the Champions!