Saturday, December 27, 2008

Night of the Living Bakery Boxes

The tourists have been out in full force in my small town.

I had to run the gauntlet to get to the store today. The store's parking lot was nearly empty but the town was not.

I took some detours on my way home to avoid the infested areas. Following two other cars through the back alleys, I was blocked by a horde (OK, five) of them all carrying large white bakery boxes in front of them. Five abreast, just like this:



Aaaargh! Was I to be pelted with raspberry danishes? Taken down by a chocolate eclair? Felled by a fusillade of sugar cookies?

Luckily for me the horde parted to either side of the car. And those other two cars that made it out of the alley before me? I followed them safely to my own neighborhood.

All joking aside, I'm glad people are coming to support our small town's economy. And the pastry? It's to die for.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

How funny! Was the bakery having a sale or the kids celebrating something, I wonder?

Jen said...

Scary stuff! But tasty too...

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMMM, pastry!!