Friday, July 31, 2009

Five for Friday

  1. I had a wonderful Greek lunch today (celebrity sightings - Rona Barrett and Laura Wright, Carly from General Hospital). That must be the new "in" place. There seems to be a Greek theme running through my weekend, as I am making lamb kabobs tonight, going to the Greek Festival tomorrow, and I enjoyed looking at a friend's daughter's photos of Greece on Facebook the other day.
  2. Animal sightings: a skunk on the patio yesterday evening. It was still light. We saw it head down the path to the back yard, and hopefully down to the creek and away from here. Far away. The only skunk I like is Pepe Le Pew.
  3. Animal diet: The squirrels have been busy eating up all the pinecones. Then, THUNK, they drop the spent cones on my bedroom roof, and TINK TINK TINK they roll down and THUNK drop on my deck.
  4. Frank made jambalaya last night. It was good. However, Farmer John Hot Louisiana sausage isn't really that spicy.
  5. July's books are listed on my book blog. I finished the True Blood books - any recommendations for other fun reads?

    Have a GREAT weekend!

3 comments:

Louise said...

#3 cracks me up. (Probably because it's not MY bedroom roof!)

Jen on the Edge said...

The squirrels like to race across our roof at about 6 a.m., which is made worse by the fact that we have a metal roof, which amplifies the rodent races.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I love it when my kids cook for me. That sounds delicious.