Thursday, November 05, 2009

Flyswatting, or Carnage in the Kitchen



We had a barbecue Sunday afternoon and left the door open. I noticed a few flies buzzing around the fruit salad, but nothing like what I found Monday morning, when we were inundated with flies. These are the first 18 victims.


Ernest swatted 7 more, bringing the morning's total up to 25. After lunch, I swatted at least another 25. They kept on coming and we kept on swatting. We might have been up to 75 total by dinner time. Ernest reports that squashing them with a science textbook did not work.

So, where was my legion of spiders when I needed them? Those lazy spiders only caught 2.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

That is a ton of flies! Are you sure you don't have some honey hidden somewhere?

Susan said...

Wow. Fly city.