Saturday, September 18, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

Ernest was rather chuffed with himself yesterday...Not only is he the only freshman in his Music Ensemble 2 class (the advanced class), which we would have expected, but he is also one of the few freshmen on the cross country A team. Much more unexpected.

Frank will be away for the afternoon and evening at a friend's house, so I have plenty of time to work on THE CAKE.

Handy Husband was down south on business for a few days...it took him almost 6 hours to make the 3.5 hour drive home. Needless to say, he's sleeping in this morning.

And me? I'm chuffed with myself too. We are being trained on new assessments at school, and I read the training manual twice beforehand. (In my previous work life, I was a hard nosed ***** and if people asked me obvious questions, the first thing I would say is "Did you read your manual?" Ha! It pays off.) Since I read the manual, I totally knew what was going on. Pat Self on back.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

ms-teacher said...

are you nor cal or so cal? Just curious as another educator in the great state of California ;)

Pretty Things said...

You are all sorts of awesome, so it doesn't surprise me that your kids would be, too.