Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Well, That Was Fun

The cake, I mean. It's been a while since I have been that adventurous in the kitchen. It felt good.

Dinner out was nice, too. After pouring money out all summer on one thing or another, I've been trying to cut back on spending. Yeah, I think I have about $50 tucked away in an envelope now, like that'll really help. But it was a birthday! We HAD to go out. Frank had steak and quail. Look at that itty bitty drumstick.


I was especially thrilled that there were real chives for the potatoes. I have issues when green onions masquerade as chives, but these were the real deal.



Frank shares his birthday with the cat, so we brought home tidbits for her. Shrimp, quail and steak.



She preferred the steak, as if she could ever catch an animal that large. Then she settled down for a nap on her kitty throne. Her idea of fun.

3 comments:

barbra said...

Awww, cute kitty. Special treat and another nap! Happy birthday to both!

Lisa Paul said...

Did you go to the Hitching Post? I had a FANTASTIC meal there. I've bought their spice mix and am busily trying to recreate their fabulous artichoke appetizer.

smalltownme said...

Lisa, yes we did! yum!