Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Press Release! Publicity Stunt!

The company my husband works for makes microscopes. Atomic Force Microscopes. CSI: Miami is using one as a prop. So watch this show on May 5th and then DON'T ask me about it because I can't explain it.
And may I confess, I've never watched any of the CSI shows. (I wish this was the one with Gary Sinese, another secret boyfriend, as I'm so not into David Caruso.) And I don't have TIVO. However, I do have a DVD recorder so we'll record it on that, not the old obsolete VCR.
NEWS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Type of release: Corporate News
Keywords: Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM)
Asylum Research Atomic Force Microscope Featured in CSI: Miami Episode
May 1, 2008 (Santa Barbara, CA)
Aside from performing cutting edge research in nanotechnology, the Asylum Research MFP-3D AFM will be in the spotlight on the CBS hit television show CSI: Miami. The AFM will be featured in the episode 619 “Rock and a Hard Place” scheduled to air May 5, 2008.

“I was really surprised when CSI: Miami producers called me to use our MFP-3D AFM,” said Terry Mehr, Director of Marketing. “Only days earlier, I had received an email from our VP of Asia Pacific telling me about a customer that was interested in doing forensics on our AFM and how great it would be to have our AFM on CSI. Then lo and behold, I get a call from the producers asking to use the equipment. It’s exciting to have our AFM featured in the episode.”
While details of the CSI: Miami episode cannot be revealed, the MFP-3D AFM will be used as the forensic instrument of choice to procure information about a sample.

Asylum Research manufactures advanced AFMs for nanoscale science and technology. For additional information, please contact Terry Mehr, Director of Marketing, Asylum Research, 6310 Hollister Avenue, Santa Barbara, CA 93117, 805-696-6466, terry@AsylumResearch.com, www.AsylumResearch.com.

So thank you HH for alerting us to this major media event. And for giving me an actual press release, which in my smalltown life doesn't happen too often. And most importantly, for giving me my 199th blog post. So now I can post #200 which has been waiting in the wings a few days! I am so full of ulterior motives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrat's on 200!!

Vanessa said...

I'll be sure to watch if I'm not working, if I am then I'll DVR and watch later! Thanks for the heads up and I love CSI!