Monday, November 05, 2018

Nessie's Chowder

I have been Christmas shopping on Amazon already. Meaning I saw this Loch Ness Monster ladle and bought it for myself the household.



It's very cute. A little floppy if you're dishing up something hearty like chili beans but it worked fine for this crab chowder.


Yes, crab chowder. We had half a tub of Costco crab left over, and heavy cream remaining from the Pie Day, so I threw things in the pot, trying to make a small batch of soup. It made 3 bowls, which was just enough. It was delicious. Nessie was useful.

No, I don't have a recipe, although my shrimp chowder was a jumping off point. I drained off the potato cooking water, so it would be thicker, and used smaller proportions, since my goal was not to make more leftovers out of leftovers already.

1 comment:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I bought a few of those ladles last year and promptly forgot them. Thanks for the reminder -- Christmas is coming around again soon!