Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Return from Japan

Frank got back on Sunday. I snuck his camera out of his room this morning so I could finally look at his pictures. It's after 1:30 pm and he is still sleeping. Jet lag or the usual teen-age need to sleep late? (UPDATE: He got up at 2 and said it was jet lag.)

Anyway, here are some pictures. Since he's still sleeping, I don't have much explanation for them.
Hiroshima.

Paper cranes.


A gate.



The beautiful home where he stayed.




A happy lunch.



Posing on Mt. Fuji.



An unusual store.



Tokyo at night.


He really enjoyed the home stay. I hope to get him to dictate a little synopsis that I can post later.

Ernest leaves on Saturday.

7 comments:

jenontheedge said...

Wow!!! I'm glad he had a good time and that he's home safely.

Vanessa said...

What interesting pictures! I think the Happy Lunch is funny and cute. Glad he had a good time.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Japan is all over the cute condoms.

Bunny Bunster said...

Ditto what every one else has said, especially the condom thing from Tootsie!!

Noodle said...

Awesome! I can't wait to hear the details!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Wow, it's looks like a great experience.

Minnesota Matron said...

Love the photos! I've never been to Asia, although I majored in East Asian studies in college. Little envious of the oh so many I know who travel. great picture of Tokyo at night!