Saturday, May 22, 2010

Carole King and James Taylor

The older I get, the longer the hike to the Bowl gets. And a lot of the audience was even older than me! The crowd stayed seated most of the time (enjoying the new padded seats I think!) except for the two babes who got up to dance to Smackwater Jack. Were they aware they were the only people dancing in the whole venue?

It was a great evening of classic music. They alternated songs, with Carole mostly at the piano.

When she did get away from the piano, Carole King was a real spitfire. Sixty-eight years old and dancing around on tall spiky heels. Amazing. And tiny! (although compared to 6'4" James Taylor, who isn't?)

Yes, the earth moved!



And here's some Sweet Baby James.

5 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

A friend I work with went to this concert, too, and she LOVED it.

smalltownme said...

It was pretty fantastic, I must say.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I have some friends that went--it sounds like it was fantastic. Lucky you!

Susan said...

I have not seen Carole King in concert, but saw James Taylor at San Diego State in a small open air theater in 1975. The two of them together - Magical.

dkuroiwa said...

I can only imagine the incredibleness of this concert! Carole King is just THE most wonderful performer...I think that her tape, was one of my very first musical purchases (along with John Denver!).
I have never actually SEEN James Taylor in concert...I've LISTENED to him, outside a few venues, but never actually watched him on a stage, live.
Strangely enough, though I'd love to see him, I'm okay with it. Sweet Baby James? mmmmm. perfection.