Monday, May 03, 2010

Game Day

In addition to computer games, we have a large selection of board games in the hall closet.

On Saturday, Ernest and a friend played Citadels and Risk (the traditional version on the 2210 board). Too much strategy for me!

Yesterday, he beat Frank in Monopoly. Then they played Scrabble. What? They've never willingly played Scrabble before; I always forced them into it. I'm the spelling/vocabulary whiz person in the house.

There was a lot of creative rule-bending: proper names, foreign and gamer words were deemed OK.

There was some talk of spelling words down to up and right to left but that got too confusing.

They still needed me: How do you spell gank? Is coattail one word? Does whelp have an H?

What's your favorite board game?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always been a Scrabble fan too. Scattergories and Apples to Apples are tons of fun when you have a lively bunch hanging around.