Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Mother's Day

I had a good Mother's Day weekend, with lots of food I didn't have to cook. I get so excited over that!

  • On Saturday, we visited my mother-in-law and had a delicious lunch.
  • We ate our leftovers for dinner.
  • On Sunday, my guys took me to lunch at my favorite Greek restaurant.
  • My husband cooked most of Sunday's dinner (I confess to making some rice pilaf from a box.)

This is his idea of a garnish...



I laughed hysterically.

Speaking of not cooking, I am eagerly awaiting the summer opening of 4 restaurants within walking distance of my house.

  • Mexican (an old favorite is reopening with the original owners)
  • Spanish tapas
  • a brew pub
  • a branch of Fresco

I can't wait! We have to support our local businesses, right?

3 comments:

Jodi Anderson said...

The garnish is hilarious. I'm going to keep that in mind and surprise my husband one of these days!

Jen on the Edge said...

That chicken is the best.

dkuroiwa said...

Oh! My kingdom for some Greek food!!
your weekend was just perfect...and that chicken? yeah. i'd be laughing hysterically right along with you!!