Tuesday, May 04, 2010

My Tuesday Creativity Project

When Bossy's L.A. Council told our stories, part of mine was that I hadn't done anything creative in a long time, and I missed that. I have to footnote that -- blogging is creative, isn't it??!!!??? But I do miss creating things with eyes and hands, rather than brain and words, so I decided to do something about that.

I usually don't have lunch duty on Tuesdays and Fridays, so those are automatically my favorite days of the work week. But why do I enjoy Tuesdays more? Because Miss L's class does art when I get there at 9:00 on Tuesday mornings! And I always wish I was doing their projects right alongside them.

So to jumpstart my creativity, I am going to replicate their first grade projects, and post them the following Tuesday. If they don't have art, or it's not something I can do at home, I vow to do something else.

This was last week's project, a doodle! Mine looks like sausage links, but it was fun.


I was so jazzed, I even cleaned up one of my creative spaces at home. I used to scrapbook on this pretty little desk. Then I got a big printer, and stuck it on top of the desk and never used it again. And things got piled on it and next to it. Now, I've uncovered the desk and I hope to finish the 2002 scrapbook you see lying there. (That's the last year before the digital camera took over.)



Ernest asked me, What are you doing?

Cleaning.

????

I guess I don't seriously clean too often.

2 comments:

barbra said...

Great way to get your artistic skills flowing again! Sounds fun.

Jodi Anderson said...

I like your doodle. :)

Bossy is going to be in Wisconsin tonight. She was supposed to be in Madison, so we made plans around our daughter's event in the city. Then, yesterday, the meeting place was changed to a location that is a good 75 miles from our house.

Damn it.

Have a lovely weekend. :)