Thursday, March 06, 2008

It's been one of those weeks...

...so please let Friday be OK...

Problems this week, from smallest to biggest:

4) Ernest was assigned a biography report Monday. Forgot the papers at school. Remembered this Wednesday coming home, so we detoured to the library and he checked out books on Leonardo da Vinci. Found out today that someone had already chosed Leo. Came up with some alternatives. Mom suggested he call the teacher to be sure those weren't chosen already. Einstein was, Neil Armstrong wasn't. Mom made trips to 2 librarys to bring home books while Ernest worked on other homework. Nice of me, huh?

3) My car with 90,000 miles on it was serviced at a cost of $1400. And it also needs new tires.

2) We got our tax returns back from the accountant. The HH and I owe big bucks, the kids owe big bucks too! (Part of their college fund was transferred to another institution, hence capital gains.) Ouch.

#1) problem of the week. HH took Frank to a band meeting last night. Frank was heelying outside before the meeting started. Oops, a wheel caught in a crack and he went splat. Hurt his wrist and chipped his two top front teeth. They sat through the meeting. When they came home at 9:30 p.m. I looked at the way Frank was cradling his arm and said, "I'm taking him to the ER." (Cradling it the same way he did when he had a broken arm at age 12.) 2 1/2 hours later... no visible fracture, a splint, a sling, and some Vicodin. And a dentist's appointment this morning. Thank you for our wonderful dentist, Dr. Elder, who squeezed Frank in between other appointments and FIXED HIS TEETH. This is why Dr. Elder wins all those "best dentist" polls!

After Frank and I left the dentist's office, Frank hugged me and thanked me. Aaaawww.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Holy cats! I'd say that should do it until summer for you! That's way more than enough.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Good lord, your week has been worse than mine, which is really quite impressive.

[clinking glasses] Cheers. I have orange juice and vodka. To stave off a possible cold. Yeah, that's it.

Anonymous said...

well, good gosh! I leave you for four days and look what I come back to, little missy!!
Glad all is better, and they had better wash and wax your car or I will be after them like a bear on honey!!