Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What am I? Chicken Thigh! Contest

Besides the yummy Shoyu Chicken Thighs. I've also used chicken thighs in Jambalaya (instead of the shrimp -- just brown them at the beginning and keep them in the pan while you cook everything else), Chicken Curry, and Chicken Cacciatore

Please, give me a break from turkey this weekend! Share your favorite special recipe using Chicken Thighs.


I'll pick one and cook it on Saturday night, and hopefully feature photos on Sunday. There may also be a prize involved. What kind of prize, you ask? You know me -- I don't know yet! Possibly it will be poultry-related. There are so many ways I could go with that...poultry seasoning? a chicken-themed dish towel? a rubber chicken?

UPDATE: The winner is...... Chicken Chop Suey from China Panda. Because.... frankly....even I could think of barbecue sauce and beer. Honorable mention to Cheri and Jen because no one else bothered. Love you both, that's the prize.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a THING about cooking with poultry, so I usually buy already-cooked rotisserie chickens, so I can't help you with any recipes.

But I might ask Pete to make Cheri's recipe. Well, after a Trader Joe's comes to my town. I suggest adding a tall frosty beer to the recipe.