Monday, November 24, 2008

A Strange Similarity?

Tom Jones, love him or loathe him? I'm on the love him side, but I know some of you are not.

He was rockin' on GMA this morning. (By the way, I love seeing the bari sax player over his shoulder. Frank played bari sax for years!)

Play a little of this, then scroll down.



...Round about 45 seconds, when he started singing "I'm a ma-ah-an," I started noticing certain vocal qualities... something in the timbre of his voice, that reminded me of one of my all time favorites...




(I luurve Tim Curry. )

DISCLAIMER: But please, I beg of you, DO NOT mentally picture Tom Jones in drag. Naughty me, I shouldn't have said that. Because now you're doing it and you're so, so very sorry!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually like Tom's music, but it's just that I find him so repulsive to look at.

Love the Rocky Horror clip!

Jen said...

Love Tom's music. Am hating the image currently in my head.

dkuroiwa said...

I have been a Tom Jones fan since I was really young and watching all those screaming women pushing toward the stage every week at the end of his TV show!!!
And now that you mention it...yeah...uh-huh...he could do a mean Tim Curry....and in my imagination? No bad in drag...not bad at all. Of course, he's no Tim Curry (me too...lurve him oh so much!!)...but da-yam! I would love to know Tom's secret for aging really nicely!!!

Louise said...

I don't know how to use the sound on this computer! &%#@IT!

I kind of like Tim Curry in drag.