Thursday, January 31, 2008

This one's for Echo


Here are the red boots. Oh, the obsession over that Batman shirt. I gave it to Frank for his 2nd birthday and he loved it. He cried when I washed it. Once he stood next to the dryer, sobbing, until it was done. (What happened at bedtime? He must have survived. I think he had Batman pajamas.) At Christmas his aunt gave him two more Batman shirts, thank goodness. We accumulated more and more Batman shirts that year. Because that's all he would wear. This phase wore off around his 3rd birthday.
I'm (slowly) making a quilt out of the Batman shirts. The original one is stored in his baby book, but there were enough others (and a couple of Ernest's too).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember this beautiful boy!!! That was about the time of the "ACTION SHOT" too!

~love.....Auntie

Vanessa said...

Funny the phases we go through as kids and what we get attached to. For me it was my dogs, except I couldn't take them to school!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

We had the year of the cowboy boots. Thank goodness for pictures.

Echo said...

He was and remains to be a beautiful boy/man person. I could not be prouder of all he has done and look forward to being a witness to his future.

Wow, that was sappy!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww

I don't know if I have a picture of SB in his Godzilla boots or not.